8.02.2011

Bedroom Details


I hope you had a chance to read the House of Fifty article.
I loved working on this design, it was a blast.
You can find most of the details here, but I thought I would share a couple more picture of the space.

The bedroom was a blank slate, needing all new furniture and accessories.

Before:


Since it is a guest bedroom I wanted to keep it simple and inviting.
My client and I painted the walls, changed the lighting, made the headboard, painted the nightstands, added trim to the lamps, completed two DIY art projects, and had custom roman shades sewn.

After:


We completed the design for just under $2000.


Before:


I purchased the nightstands and dressers from a local discount furniture store, Downeast Home.

After:


I also made the starfish art from Ikea frames, blue card stock, and starfish from Hobby Lobby.
All the accessories are from HomeGoods.


Before:


Erin from Plush Studios made the roman shades. I love how simple and fresh they are.

After:


We also framed a piece of marbled paper in a simple Ikea frame.
I got this idea from Kristen from k.f.d designs.


We made the headboard from this fabric and the pillows from this and this fabric.


I am thrilled with how the room came together!

26 comments:

  1. If you don't mind sharing, what size ribbon did you use on the lampshades? It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room looks so fresh and inviting! Love the transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such an amazing job with this room and inspiring the client to get involved in projects to make the room a success on a budget! Thanks for sharing the process with us for the HOF story, I love how it turned out! Janell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, especially the headboard! We are getting ready to purchase a new king bed and I have been scouring for fabrics to make our headboard. Have you done a tutorial or tips for this process on your blog?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That room looks amazing! What a great transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so lovely!! The colours are so fresh & clean & pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey girl! congrats!! you are everywhere this week. love what you did in this bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's just beautiful! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so inviting! I love the headboard!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a very nice decorative room but it is not over powering! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I did see your article in the HOF magazine. It was great - the room is great! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bedroom is so fresh, chic, and beautiful! I love it! I enjoyed the House of Fifty mag.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a fantastic job, the room looks very chic and beautiful. Congrats on the article on HOF.

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowwee! This looks just Gorgeous! Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing transformation! I am obsessed with that blue lacquered box on your dresser do you know the source?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Flirty Gems- The blue lacquered box is from Home Goods.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Also, the trim on the lampshades are 1" wide.

    ReplyDelete
  18. you did a gorgeous job. so talented!! love the colors. xo shel

    ReplyDelete
  19. How did the starfish fit in the frames? Do they press against the glass? I would love those in my son's room!

    ReplyDelete
  20. totally LOVE the bedroom! Especially the headboard and that amazing marbled paper! Can you tell me where you get marbled paper?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just saw your article in HOF; great job!

    And I must say I adore the headboard!!! I made almost the EXACT same one last year (here's a link to a photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/c-pf/5690493692/in/set-72157626514371519/lightbox/), just a different colour with nailhead detailing.

    The budget room turned out fabulous and pulls in a lot of the details I imagine for my master bedroom ~ thanks so much for the wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm currently working on a guest room office and had to bump it up sonce I have company coming. I love the marbles paper and think it's a fantastic solution. I am also loving those night stands. You said they were a local thrift store. Did you refinish them or do you know where I might find something like that?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails