3.11.2011

Living Room Design


For the last couple of months I have been working on designing a living room for a local client.
We started with a consultation to determine the needs, wants, and budget for the space.
After meeting with my client, I put together an initial design board.

My client's style is transitional.
She does not like vintage, floral, gilded, or antiqued pieces.
She likes clean lines, a neutral color scheme, and modern elements.


The biggest challenge in this space is incorporating the sofas.
Overstuffed leather sofas don't exactly fit her ideal style, but getting new ones is just not realistic.



By adding modern rustic pieces, natural fabrics, and textured throw pillows, the sofas will blend right in.


Since presenting the initial design board we have made some changes.
We are now adding patterned drapery and keeping the rug neutral.

The walls have received a fresh coat of paint and several furniture pieces are ordered.
The space is slowly coming together and I can't wait to show you the "after" photos!

19 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see after pictures! Love the mood board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh excited to see the final room- I love that wing chair and the pillows you selected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look amazing! The room will come together beautifully! Can't wait for the reveal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great board! Can't wait to see the final look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i cant wait to see the after!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! I love the rug though! Can't wait to see the after photos.. it's my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your board. It's so pretty. So excited to see the finished look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your board--Can't wait to see the after photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel you! I recently just had to work around a huge leather sofa too. It's hard not to have it stick our like a dark bruised thumb.

    Love what you've come up with. Especially that coffee table. The delicate elements really are a nice contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the rug...can't wait to see how you work those sofas!

    and um, did your blog just change as I was reading it?!?!?! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see it done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to see the Afters. Your mood board is fabulous. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great, Danielle! Can't wait to see how it all comes together. By the way, I added you to my blogroll. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this layout! Also loving your new layout! Love that new banner! Miss Walker xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your design suggestions! Looking forward to the After. I just posted about a client's living room where she wanted to keep her sofa as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am really excited to see the final "after".

    ReplyDelete
  17. Eek! I've been searching everywhere for a suzani print with light blue in it. Any chance you'd share the fabric name with me? Thanks a bunch, can't wait to see how it all comes together

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails